Music

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Jay-Z


I am a son of a successful business man that has always supported me through everything and cares about the smallest things. I have laughed with this man and cried with him. From him I have learned Love. 

My mother has been my best friend and always has been there for me. She is my biggest cheer leader. I have seen her stand tall when others have fallen. From this I have learned Strength and Persistence. 

I have grown up playing sports and I will not have anyone tell me that sports is just a game. It has molded me to the man I am. 

I had a verbally abusive coach that told me I would never amount to anything.. ever. From this I have learned Confidence. 

I won 3 Championship tittles in a row. From this I learned Victory. 

I went 13-0 and lost in the State Championship. From this I learned Failure. 

I lost a friend from suicide. From this I learned to live.

I have a friend that got cheated on by his Wife. From this I learned Loyalty. 

I had someone Record a private phone conversation and show it to people. From this I learned Trust. 

I Once was in love with a girl. Then she made out with my best friend. From this I learned wrong doing. 

I am in Love with a girl. From this I have learned endearment. 

I have Punched a kid in the jaw. I have learned that fighting isn't worth it. 

I have been Lied to. From this i am trying to learn forgiveness. 

I have exceeded my expectations in life. from this I have learned potential. 

Shawn Carter was a Coke dealer in Maryland and now he runs NYC I chose him because it shows that insane work ethic can get you anywhere. I find this to be true. Even though Me and Jay-Z have completely different lives we have a couple things in common. We both run our worlds not THE world but our worlds. In closing I thank all the people who have read my blog. I hope you continue to read. This is Shawn carter.

 a.k.a. Britton Bettridge. 



21 comments:

  1. you're such a good writer and this reveal was so real.

    didn't expect anything less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, your blog is so good britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is incredible. love love love how you listed what you've learned from everything. amazing reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bleed blue but you ain't a crip though

      Delete
    2. But I got a gang of brothas walking with my clique though

      Delete
  5. Relatable relatable relatable. So very good!! What a good reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved your blog! Fantastic stuff. I love the way you did this- you showed that you really can learn from everything you go through and everyone around you. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was too good, loved your blog britt! good talking to you on friday night ahaha (freaking prank callers)

    ReplyDelete
  8. britt,
    i love you and i loved your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I went 13-0 and lost in the State Championship. From this I learned Failure."
    I loved reading your blog this year Britt and I love how real and honest this reveal was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Britton! I seriously love your blog so much. And this post really spoke to me, thank you. You such an awesome person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the explanations. it feels real,

    it is real. nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  12. We both run our worlds not THE world but our worlds.

    i have loved getting to know you and you have left me very pleasantly surprised. thank you for showing me that people can be more than one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're truly Amazing.

    It's been nice getting to know you better (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job man.
    Love the post, and Jay-z. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the song marvin's room glad to see it on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Youre such a stud. Your blog was one of my favorites to read! And Im still just pumped about the fact I made it onto your "Most Athletic" list:) Great blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was real and personal and I love the "lessons learned". It goes to show that no matter how tough things are, you can always learn something. This was a really good reveal, I'm impressed

    ReplyDelete